Creating a multiple choice response type is easy and flexible in TeacherMade.
There are two simple ways to do it:
1. Click on the Insert button on the toolbar; the Tools menu will pop-up. Choose, 'Multiple Choice' and your mouse will turn to cross-hairs. The toolbar will tell you to ‘Click in the activity to add a ‘Multiple Choice.’ You will want to click and drag your mouse to draw a box. You'll notice bubble/circles appear automatically in the box.
2. Click once on your activity-- or click and drag to draw a box; The Tools menu will pop up. Select ‘Multiple Choice’ from the left column on the Tools menu. Once you do, you'll see bubbles/circles appear in the answer box you just drew.
You should see one of the following, depending on how you drew your box:
Once your box is drawn, you will want to align the bubbles with the answer choices on your activity. To do so, you can click and drag the box to resize and orient the bubbles. You can also click and drag each individual bubble if the spacing of your answers is unique.
When working with the Multiple Choice tool, you have the following options on your menu bar. You can choose, 'Edit...' to make the changes from the Edit Pop Up Window or you can make the changes right from this menu bar!
Here you can change:
Number of Choices: This allows you to change the number of potential answers for the question type.
All but “4 Choices - 2x2” are vertical in orientation. If you want to change the orientation from vertical to horizontal (or vice versa), click on the bottom right corner of the border and drag it up and to the right. The box will automatically change orientation.
Letters: By default, the multiple choice bubbles are empty. If you would like, you can add letters or numbers to the multiple choice bubbles.
- Reset Positions: Available only when you move individual bubbles. Choosing, 'Reset Positions' will return the bubbles back to their original TeacherMade positions.
- Transparent: Choosing this option will make the circles transparent meaning whatever is on the background will show through the bubble!
- Item Points: The default score of any TeacherMade question is 1. Choose the drop down menu here to make your multiple choice question worth anywhere from 1 to 10 points or choose, 'Do Not Score.'
How to Set the Correct Answer to the Multiple Choice Question Type
On your activity, click on the circle that’s the correct answer. That's it! The circle will turn gray to show that it is the one you chose.
PRO TIP: Although students can only select one correct answer, you as the Teacher can set multiple correct answers. To do so, hold down the SHIFT key while you choose additional answers. If a student selects one of the correct answers, the item will be scored as correct.
Multiple Choice Tool Explainer Video
Here’s a quick video showing how to make a Multiple Choice:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article