Five Minute Fly-By: Creating an Activity
Ready to start creating TeacherMade activities? We'll get you started in five short minutes!
First, let's sign in.
- Create your document and save it as a PDF. (This can be e.g. a Google Slide presentation or a Word document)
- Visit https://www.teachermade.com and click the "Login/Return to APP" link in the upper right
- Enter your username and password or use the convenient "Sign In With Google" link if you're set up for that.
- You will land on the splash screen that gives new information. Take a look!
- Click “Continue to My Account”
You're now viewing your TeacherMade home page, or what we like to call the Digital File Cabinet. It's where you see the list of all your activities. Let's create a new one!
- In the top left, click the green “+” sign next to New Activity
- You will have two choices. You can upload a document or create a blank activity from scratch.
- You're going to build activity from an existing PDF, so click "Upload a file."
- Choose the file to upload from your computer.
- You can also just drag a file and drop it onto that option to begin the upload.
The computer will process your file for a second, then you'll choose the pages and how you'd like them to display.
- Choose the pages from the thumbnails by clicking each page you want to include.
- You can choose all by clicking "Select All" at the top of the list.
- The pages you choose will be checked and highlighted in blue.
The Scrolling display joins all the pages into a single scrollable view. The pages are stacked on top of each other in the order they appear in the uploaded document. This is a good choice for materials where you want to eliminate page breaks, or for students who struggle to navigate through paged materials.
The Slides style display will show the pages one at a time to the student. The student will interact with the slide, then navigate to the next one. This is a great choice if you wish to mix instruction and practice into a single lesson. You'll also be able to add slides, re-order them and even to add slides from a second PDF file.
- Click either "Slides" or "Scrolling" under "Display Type."
- Your choice will be highlighted in blue.
- Click the "Create Activity" button
TeacherMade will create your new activity and open the Activity Editor for you.
- Click the pencil next to "Edit Activity: Untitled Activity"
- Enter the title of your activity.
- Click "Save".
You've created a new activity! You are now ready to add interactive items! Let's learn how in Five Minute Fly-By: Adding Interactions.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article